Thursday, July 22, 2010

Kids In Kentucky

We are home! Finally! We have had a great summer of travels, but boy, am I worn out. A vacation with kids really shouldn't be called a vacation. Although I wouldn't trade our trip to Kentucky lake this summer for anything!

It was Maggie's first trek to GG's house and Jack's first visit that he absolutely loved and may actually remember. The lake was full of "free" fun for my little ones. Not to mention we got to spend some quality time with the fam...can't beat that!

I took about a hundred pictures, don't ask me how (gotta love the digital age). It was just so hard to resist capturing the fun Jack and Maggie were having. I'll share a few highlights and a couple of my favorites.



This is where Jack spent 99% of his vacation--at the lake shore...climbing rocks, running in and out of the water, splashing, toting toys around, etc. However, this picture is not a very good representation--99% of that time...he was naked...per his request.



If Jack wasn't on the lake shore, he was generally in the boat, "waiting for a ride".


Jack's first boat ride of the week was for the boys--Uncle Jim, Uncle Jon, Daddy, and Jack. Daddy claims that Jack chanted "more waves" the entire time. Really? My cautious one?




What is better than a picnic lunch on the dock? We didn't even have to drag Jack back up to the house to refuel.



Mom and I decided to take the kids to the "zoo farm", as Jack likes to call it, one cloudy morning. I had to share this picture even though it is so blurry--my lens cap kept fogging up--after having the "farmer/zoo keeper" retake the picture 3x, I gave up. It's the only one of the 4 of us though:(



Look how tiny Jack looks next to that camel. Jack literally threw the food in and ran. Is it just me or is that a rough looking camel?




Scary to think that one day, Jack may actually really be driving around his little sis! Taking a second look at that picture, I think Maggie might be scared at that thought too.



And this is where sweet Maggie spent 99% of her vacation--at the lake shore, near all of the action, in the safety of her own frog pool. Helpful big bro filled her pool up, often, with lake water he collected in his bucket. (notice "helpful" is in italics)



Jack was in heaven in Uncle Jon's arms cruising the lake. There wasn't a better view on the boat.




And dear Maggie?, she laid right back on GG's lap, and enjoyed the wind in her face and the soothing bumpity bump of the boat.



One of my faves...for sure. Something about time with Daddy turns my gentle Jack into a wild man!




I just had to give props to Mags for dealing with this annoying life jacket. Seriously, could it ride up any higher and almost choke her? Am I the only one who thinks infant life vests need to be redesigned? Sweet baby...what a trooper!




Jack was still full throttle at sundown. Thank goodness for lots of family to keep him entertained.



So, after days of sporting bathing suits, Maggie questioned, "Why does Jack get to have all the fun?" and with that, we let her go naked too.




Another of my faves...after a long day of fun in the water and sun, Magpie waits patiently while Mommy rounds up big brother. Time to go home tomorrow.





1 comment:

Tanya said...

"Something about time with Daddy turns my gentle Jack into a wild man!"

Same here with little Hall! What is it, I wonder? He can be so good and calm for me all day long, but when Daddy gets home he acts like a wild man.