Our family tradition continued this April 13th of waking Jack with a video camera, a regular camera, and little ditty called "Happy Birthday". His reaction this year was much more welcoming than on his 2nd birthday, which entailed tears, and they were not of joy:) I think it had something to do with wanting to eat as SOON as his eyes opened back then.
This year was a whole different reaction... he bounced from pillow to pillow on his big boy bed, danced, hugged Grandma and I (Daddy was traveling for work), and beamed with pride. He was loving really being 3...finally!
So I decided I would dedicate this post to all things Jack. You are about to learn more about him then you ever wanted to know, but hey, it's more for me than you.
*Jack is very into "collections" right now. It's annoyingly cute. He has managed to fill up every bin, box, basket, he can find with "things". "Things" like cars, rocks, Little People figures, airplanes, plastic food, small stuffed toys, bouncy balls, plastic animals, stickers, trains, and the list goes on and on and on. The amazing thing is that he actually keeps inventory on his "collections" so there is no accidentally throwing certain items out. And did I mention you better not touch his "collection" if you are under the age of 15? If you do, watch out!
*Every "R" blend word in Jack's vocabulary is given the "FR" sound. For example a truck is a 'fruck', three is 'free', a trip is a 'frip', straw is 'fraw'...you get the picture, I'm sure.
*To date, Jack has two imaginary friends. 1) His "dump truck" friend. Don't ask...all I know is she, yes it's a girl, is green and doesn't talk a lot. But, she likes to sing. 2) And then there is Carson. Carson is a brown monster, but don't fret, he is a "nice monster".
*If you ask Jack his favorite color, this is the answer you will get--"My favorite colors are blue and yellow, but I like all the colors, and sometimes orange".
*His favorite TV shows are Sesame Street (still) and Curious George. He even talks like CG, which really isn't talking and can get very frustrating when you need a real answer.
*He has a very ritualistic bedtime routine. It begins with a bath, then pjs, 3 books in bed with Daddy, the "blessings"(as he calls his prayers), and then a round of the "baby" song. The "baby" song is a song my Mom sang to me when I was little. I made the mistake of singing it to Jack one night when he was sick. Since then it has become part of the routine. He wants it 3 times and then an "extra", thank goodness it's short!
*When Jack goes down for his nap or bed time, he always requests his "forest". This means take all of the pillows, place them in a circle and he hops in the middle to sleep. It took me a long time to figure out where he got "make my forest" from. Then we read, If you Give a Pig a Pancake, remember how the pig makes a fortress out of sheets and couch cushions? Well, there you have it. In a 3 year old's eyes that big word is "forest". Mommy and Daddy must just be reading it wrong.
*Jack's favorite snack is yogurt with a straw. And please don't pick out his straw for him. Actually for that matter, don't pick anything out for him.
*His favorite foods are grilled cheese sandwiches, dried apricots, muffins, peanut butter pretzels, and letter cookies.
*His favorite outdoor activity is his sand box and if it's warm playing in the hose or sprinklers.
*His chore is feeding Cosby in the a.m. and checking his water bowl. He usually makes a beautiful mess, but that's not the point. I'm thinking it's time to add one more to that short list.
*We are still potty training and at the rate we are going we may still be when I give you a 4 year update. (no offense Jack--when you read this in 20 years)
*Sometimes I think he is more fascinated with how a toy works than the actual toy itself. His favorite toy is his new marble run from Grammy and Grampa. He has been asking for one since Christmas. He broke my heart when he said "Santa forgot my marble game". I'm glad he is so forgiving--his patience finally payed off this 3rd birthday.
*Jack loves babies, especially his own. I have to literally hover over stranger's babies in fear of Jack loving on them a little too much. His intentions are always good though.
*He loves to wrestle with Daddy. He calls this game "Hop on Daddy" taken from the good ol' Dr Seuss book, "Hop On Pop". And let me tell you, this game can make the house shake.
*He still takes about a two to three hour nap in the afternoon. Some days he plays instead of snoozing, but the majority of the time he gets his rest.
*Jack's constant companion is still his Lovey. And he can spot a fake from a mile away.
*Jack is truly the excitement in our day. He makes us laugh when he doesn't even mean to. He melts our heart when he doesn't realize how being so sweet makes us feel. He is such a creature of habit and I can appreciate him for that. He is particular, curious, good hearted, and energetic. His full body monkey hugs are the best. His pounding little foot steps and his chipper little voice are what make our house a home. He is a our little boy and we can't imagine life without him.
We love you Jack and can't believe you are REALLY THREE! XOXO

1 comment:
Happy Three Jack. You sure do look like a three year old! Time flies:)
~Erica
Post a Comment