My kids love her and enjoyed every minute she was here. I personally soaked in the extra helping hands and only wished we had family in town. She's been across the country now since Jack was born. With her great job opportunity holding her there it seems selfish to want her back. But forgive me, I'm going to be selfish, I'm ready for her to come back...really ready.
Jack was at school when I dropped her off at the airport. Grandma said her goodbyes the night before to prepare him and again in the morning. But, when he returned home that afternoon from school, he flew through the door, artwork in hand, and declared "I've got show this to Grandma!". I gently reminded him that she was on her airplane going home. And all he could say with a solemn face was "Oh". See Mom, I'm not the only one who misses you.
On a brighter note, we had a very busy visit while she was here. Two birthday parties, trips to the zoo and aquarium, lots of shopping, late night tv watching, home cooked meals, and cookie bake-a-thons, just to name a few. We are looking forward to her next visit or better yet her return!
Until then a few pictures and good memories will have to hold us over...

2 comments:
i don't blame you...having mom/grandma near is invaluable. Hopefully your campaign to get her back on the East Coast will work soon!
Hi Paula,
I wanted to say what a great time I had with you and the kids! I already miss you guys a lot!
Love
Mom
Post a Comment