Friday, December 18, 2009

Quiet Christmas Ahead

For the first time in, well as far as I can remember, I won't be with my extended family on Christmas.

It all started when Jack was born. Clay and I made a mutual decision that from then on out we would spend Christmas at our home. We wanted to start our own traditions and we knew it wouldn't be long before Jack started getting the whole "Christmas thing". So there it was...decision made. However, we also decided that our door would always be open during the holidays to anyone on either side of our families. And up until this year that's just how its been. Family coming and going from our house for the weeks leading up to Christmas and the weeks following. We've loved it!

But this year it's different. With Maggie's glorious arrival in November our families came and went all month long. It was very much appreciated and well needed. We couldn't have made it through the first month of Maggie's life without them. But now it seems all that help equals a very quiet Christmas at the Cibula cottage. I can't blame them, I suppose I would be a little traveled out too.

So next week we get to see what Christmas is like when it's just the four of us. Quiet may be a long shot with a toddler and a newborn, I suppose "quieter" would be a more appropriate term. I must say it's going to be weird around here with out extended family, whether it be Clay's or mine. But I can't complain, look who we get to spend the most wonderful time of the year with...

Jolly Jack

and Merry Maggie

I've already gotten the two best Christmas presents I could ask for. As my Grandma would say, "God is good!".




1 comment:

The Fokens Family said...

You're so lucky you don't have to host big meals and clean!!
Enjoy your new family of four on Christmas morning.
~Erica