We started Christmas Eve with my new declared tradition...building a Gingerbread House. I must give credit where credit is due--(I stole this idea from Erica). Did Jack love it?...well, he definitely enjoyed it. BUT, I had to reprimand him several times for eating the candy instead of putting it on the house. Then about 10 minutes after all of our work--the house collapsed. I chalked it up to our 1st time and the fact that we will actually follow the directions next year.
Our first Christmas as a family of four. With no extended family in town, I actually had to solicit a neighbor to take this picture. And yes, you are seeing correctly--I am that tired these days.
Jack is truly in love with "his baby". He regularly asks to kiss her.
My Christmas kiddos right before Christmas Eve Mass.
Our Christmas Eve Angel-literally. I'm telling you this wee one did not make a sound during church or at dinner afterwards. She just slept on and off and looked all around so contently. Clay and I laughed at how we had to keep Jack's infant carrier in constant motion at church when he was this age--now we can laugh at it, back then--not so funny.
Christmas morning! Santa was good to Jack. He got all of his name brand favorites--Thomas, Little People, and Sesame Street galore.
Oh, and of course, lots of learning games. I promise he actually asked for an abacus for Christmas. It is not a product of his Mommy being a former teacher.
Jack "helped" Maggie open all of her presents and then proceeded to stack them on top of her.
I came to the rescue and helped arrange them. See that Napping House book? Well, Jack had it laying across her tummy. And when it wouldn't stay, he just pushed it down a little harder. Poor baby!

1 comment:
Merry Christmas Cibula family!
Looks like you enjoyed your time together with the new Miss Maggie.
Our house fell apart in the beginning too. I'm going to construct the walls a day ahead next year before the roof goes on!
J looks like he enjoyed it though;)
The candy eating that is...
~Erica
Post a Comment