Brrrr, It's cold outside...and unfortunately toddlers and their abundant amount of energy do not hibernate for the winter. So what were we going to do? We had to find an indoor venue to burn some of it off. AHOY, we found the perfect place.
It was a simulated Pirate's Cove complete with a sand island, skeleton jumpies, an octopus tunnel, and giant wooden ship play place. Arrgh, just perfect! Jack and I met up with our fellow shipmates, Miller, Sophia, Alexandra and their Mommies of course, and played the afternoon away.
Jack had a blast--as we were pulling out of the parking lot he said, "I want to play dere All da day and ALL da night!" (with a very animated arm sweep).
This was by far Jack's favorite feature. They are giant air guns that shoot foam balls. He figured out how to collect a bag of balls, load them, aim and push the silver button to shoot. Watch out!
A little bounce house fun with Sophia. Did I mention, my once cautious Jack even climbed to the the top of a bouncy pirate slide and slid down all by himself? I was quite impressed.

Jack collected lots of sand in his bowl...and in his pants, socks, shoes, shirt, hair, eyes, etc. He even brought some home with him. Since then, I've found it my car, the bathroom, his bed, and the washing machine. Ahh...gotta love a sandy island and a two year old.

The pirate pals themselves: Jack, Sophia, and Miller. The only other picture I got of all of them, Sophia and Miller were looking and Jack wasn't. And since this is my blog, I decided to use the pic with my little one looking. Sorry M and S! (and note how they all have on their Christmas shirts--we didn't even plan that)
1 comment:
What a fun, fun time!
In our group shot, Sophia is the only one just smiling away!!
~Erica
Post a Comment