We went to Sesame Street Live this weekend. It was Jack's first "theatrical production", can I call it that? Jack, being Elmo's number one fan, was in awe. I mean completely mesmerized through out the entire show. We couldn't get him to even look at us, much less talk to us during the act.
I bought floor seats basically the day they went on sale. We've been waiting for this crew to come to town for a while now. I wanted great seats, at the time I wanted, on the day I wanted. I signed up on the Sesame Street website to get all the news about upcoming shows in our area. So, when I got the email two months ago...I was thrilled.
Well, the floor seats, weren't all they were cracked up to be. It's kind of hard to see if there are Mommy or Daddy heads in front of you, which is why Jack spent the entire time in his Daddy's lap. We had to traipse down quite a slew of stairs to get to the floor and just as many to get back up. And the floor was nasty wet, I'm assuming from all of the rain...still not sure about that one.
However, there were some pros. We REALLY were in the middle of the action. Several characters came down the aisles. Telly even patted Jack on the head! We were right by the balloon man when he came out during intermission-(ha!, that one being a pro for Jack). And we had our own personal bathroom down there with no line and super easy acess -(now, that one was a pro for prego me!)
The show itself was nothing short of fantastic. Lots of catchy tunes, choreographed dancing, and all of the Sesame Street characters. Not to mention is was the perfect length...an hour and a half...not too long, not too short. I would definitely venture out for another. Well, worth the price and the day!
The show itself was nothing short of fantastic. Lots of catchy tunes, choreographed dancing, and all of the Sesame Street characters. Not to mention is was the perfect length...an hour and a half...not too long, not too short. I would definitely venture out for another. Well, worth the price and the day!
"Book" reading #1. Jack wasn't too shy to cop a squat right on the hallway floor to check out his new purchase.
The whole family during intermission. Gotta love the angle--as if I'm not big enough already! And Jack's face?, well that's a product of being told to say 'cheese'.
Yes, we were suckered into an Elmo balloon. $8 not so well spent.
But hey, Jack loved it..and that's what this day was all about.

5 comments:
Very cute! The guy behind Jack in his balloon shot looks like Jay-Z! And you are a goof, you look great, cute belly and all!
$8 for a balloon? Gees, they know parents don't have a choice once the kids see them! Glad you guys had fun...Clay looked pretty mesmerized too!
Paula, we went to "When Elmo Grows Up" in Pensacola, it was great and they sold those same balloons, however it cost us $10.00. Yall look so cute, good luck with the house. Also, please get on Facebook!!!!!!!!
that was from me. sorry I hit annonymous.
Courtney Thomson
geez stupid computers!
Post a Comment