Sunday, September 27, 2009

Maggie:33 Weeks

If I sounded a bit negative on my last posting, I apologize. I won't lie, I am still very stressed, extremely tired, and over my head in house repairs. But, all of that was nicely put into perspective on Friday.

On Friday I got to see my sweet baby girl via ultrasound. Is it possible to already be so in love? I'm telling you I was walking on clouds after my appointment. My questioning of her gender was resolved---yes, she is still a girl! And my fear of her being scrawny was was disproven--she is full of chub and big ol' fat cheeks. They did guess that she would be a bit shorter than Jack, who was 22" at birth, but considering her feet were up under my rib cage, it was hard to get an accurate measurement. But, most importantly, she was developing just right!

Now, I know I'm her mother, but I can't help but think she is absolutely beautiful. The tech said, "she has big eyes, a dainty nose, and chubby cheeks". Maggie is also sporting a full grown mullet...ugh! Yes, she has teeny sprouts of hair on her head, a little more on the side, and the back hair was flowing. Of course, that could change in the next 6 weeks. However, if it doesn't--don't think I'll be afraid to cut it. In that brief few minutes of watching her on the ultrasound screen, I forgot all about my flooded basement, leaking laundry room, damaged foyer, and flooring samples. I just watched my precious baby girl wiggle around perfect as could be. I'm telling you it was just what I needed.

The other slightly eventful moment of my appointment was my weigh in. After not gaining any weight at my last 2 week appointment AND measuring a bit small, I decided I needed to eat...a lot. I've spent the past two weeks snacking extra and taking an extra spoonful here and there. I just haven't had a huge appetite this pregnancy, so it took a little forcing. Well, apparently it worked...4 lbs since my last appointment! That's 2 lbs a week...YIKES! I told Dr C. my strategy and she politely responded, "well, I think you can slow down now". And now that I've witnessed Maggie's' chubby self first hand, I think I'll do just that.

I think we have another thumb sucker. But, yum, look at those cheeks!






She already knows how to pose for the camera. Isn't she perfect? Mmmm...love that baby already!



3 comments:

Erin said...

she looks absolutely beautiful! and please don't add "haircut" to your "list" just yet. :) Can't wait to meet Maggie soon!

Tanya said...

She is just precious, Paula!

Karen said...

She is absolutely adorable! I died laughing when I read your comment about the mullet! Remember WK had a small one that Jeff wouldnt let me touch for a few weeks. But I was so much happier when I took care of it:)
Cant wait to meet little Miss Maggie!