Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Summer Fun

It is officially summer and I am loving it. Summer has always been my favorite season of the year. Give me hot weather and flip flops any day and I am a happy girl. I'm guessing it may have something to do with growing up on the beach in Florida.

Everyone warned me, "you will hate being pregnant in the summer". And surprisingly, I don't hate it at all. It's actually been super nice to have the option to throw on sun dresses and put on sandals. As opposed to trying to squeeze my over weight body into pants and my swollen feet into closed toed shoes. The clothing dilemma hasn't been much of a "dilemma" at all this pregnancy. And let me tell you, it was more than a "dilemma" with Jack's pregnancy.

I will admit that the heat can be uncomfortable at times. But, hey, just being pregnant to me is totally uncomfortable. Might as well be doing it nice weather.

Plus, it's been pretty easy to keep Jack entertained the past month or so. (Keep in mind, I didn't say pretty easy to keep him behaving!) We have filled our days with backyard play dates, swimming at the club, a trip to Florida this past weekend, and the zoo. Yes, Jack's second home is the zoo. A couple hours checking out animals in the sun equals a mighty fine nap!

Today we enjoyed a fabulous day poolside. Cristina, Sophia, and baby Alexandra hosted a pool play date in their backyard. Just say "Sophia's house" and I can get Jack to do anything. It's the best bribe I have to date! He is absolutely in love with his best pal, Sophia. We packed lunches and joined the other 12 kids and their Mommies for lots of wet entertainment. And guess who Jack was attached to the whole play date?...you guessed it, the hostess herself, Sophia.



Sharing a poolside snack with Sophia. I think Sophia might be the only other toddler Jack will share with and that's not even guaranteed.

Look at Miller sneak in on the action.

Mommies and kiddos enjoying the sun and water...I'm sure they love me for these bathing suit shots--even though they all look fabulous!.

There is no other place Jack would rather be than swimming with Sophia in the "baby pool". Okay, actually it's the hot tub without the heat, but Jack thinks it serves nicely as a kiddie pool. Whatever makes him happy!




1 comment:

The Fokens Family said...

What a fun day! J's soo cute in the "baby pool"! Love it:)
~E