The morning started with sleeping in. Have I ever mentioned that is my FAVORITE present? But, once I got up it was full force action around here. I think Jack had been waiting for my shut eye to be over, because as soon as my feet hit the bedroom floor, I heard him barreling up the stairs chanting "Mommy pwesent". He arrived at the door with Daddy and my gifts in hand. Not a bad way to wake up, huh? So after Jack opened my gifts, I had a new I-Pod and a beautiful new charm for my Tiffany's bracelet that Daddy got me for Christmas this past year. And my wonderful hubby had already downloaded my fave music on the I-Pod for me, so sweet!
After my Birthday celebration on the bedroom floor it was time to get dressed and head out the door for Nate's "Fire Truck" themed party. Jack was a bit confused...was it Mommy's birthday or Nate's birthday? And why couldn't it be Jack's birthday too? The whole way there he talked about parties, and cake, and sang me Happy Birthday on repeat...gotta admit--I loved it!
Once we arrived, Jack had a blast scoping out Nate's toys, playing in his backyard and checking out the real life fire truck that came to the party! So cool! However, I think his favorite part was the cake. He must have asked me 100x about the cake. Hence, it was my bribe to "play nice", which worked part of the time. And once he got it, well let's just say, all was well!
We came home for great naps and topped off our evening with a Hibachi Birthday dinner. With no family in town and no available sitter, we opted for a nice family friendly dinner. Jack loved it and I even received a Japanese rendition of "Happy Birthday". Who could ask for more?

Look Mommy a REAL fire truck!

Yes, Jack actually posed in front of the fire truck...for about .5 seconds.

Another shock of the day...Jack wanted to wear his fire man's hat. This is coming from a toddler who has been 'anti-hat' since Halloween 08.

A birthday picture with Mommy (32) and Jack (2). And meanwhile, Jack is thinking, "do I have to?"

Nate, the Great Birthday Boy! He was wearing the most precious appliqued fire truck shirt, but of course, you can't see it. His Mommy says, 'he is obsessed with fire trucks!'

Finally, my little bribed Jack gets his cake. And what does he do? Why, lick off the icing and leave the cake, naturally!

4 comments:
Happy 32nd Paula!
Happy Belated Birthday! It sounds like it was a good one.
Happy, happy birthday!!
Thanks for the pics...it was great to see you guys! I hope you had a great birthday!
Post a Comment