Ahhhh...so much going on at the new Cibula household. But,of the most exciting, Jack had his first day of preschool on Friday. He will be attending one day a week from 9am to 1pm. I know that doesn't sound like much, but that is all that this Mommy can handle right now. Too many changes at once for me! However, Jack did great on Friday. The dropping off was a little sticky. Jack wrapped both legs around me and whimpered when he realized I wasn't going in with him. However, I held strong and handed his bag and lunch box over to Mrs. Janet, gave him a giant kiss and wished him a happy morning. In no time he was in his new classroom and I was off to run errands. I tried to keep myself as busy as possible to avoid excessive worrying. I did take a small break at 10:30 am to check in on my little man via my cell. The report was...."he is doing wonderful". Music to my ears. I finished up a few things on my to do list and headed toward The Day School. Anxiously, I arrived to pick him up at dismissal and found a smiling Jack with Lovey glued to his hand. What would we do without Lovey? He has been a source of comfort for J for over a year now, thank goodness! The teacher proudly reported that, "Jack was as good as gold and he was ready for next week". We collected our bags and I was happy to see that Jack ate almost his entire lunch. I think I had packed enough for a week full of lunches. Obviously, Jack appreciated th
at. We headed home and Jack crashed immediately for a full 3 hour nap. He must have been making up for the loss of that am nap. What a fantastic first!

1 comment:
So glad Jack had a fantastic first day! You will love having your Fridays for errands. I'm sure it goes by all too quickly! He looks adorable & we LOVE his shoes. It makes me miss Miller's red kicks!
We can't wait to meet you in the park once things settle down at the Cibula house!
Post a Comment