
Jack had his first spaghetti supper tonight. Now in the past, we have done the whole pasta and marinara sauce, but this was different. It was real spaghetti noodles. I rarely cook spaghetti, it's just not my favorite food, but when given dinner options for tonight, that is what Clay chose. So I prepared Jack's plate with tiny cut up noodles, a little sauce, Lima beans , and peaches. We stripped him down to a diaper and were ready for dinner. Jack took one look at the spaghetti and snubbed it (it just didn't look like his regular penne pasta). So he devoured his peaches, then scarfed down his Lima beans, and lastly chugged his milk. Once that was complete, he watched intently as Daddy and I ate our long spaghetti noodles. Particularly entranced with the way Daddy slurped one noodle at a time (for Jack's entertainment, of course). Within 3 minutes, he was pointing, moaning, and signing for 'more'...anything to get food off of our plate. We tried to explain that he had the same exact meal on his tray, but he would not take 'no' for an answer. In hopes of a peaceful dinner, I gave Jack two or three of the long noodles off of my plate and just like magic he LOVED spaghetti. At that point he began to eat the cut spaghetti off of his tray, but he made it very clear that
he preferred the long noodles off of our plates. One messy baby later, Daddy offered to take Jack up for his nightly bath if I cleaned the kitchen. Sure, I thought...that's a deal. Considering Jack's face was stained red from sauce and he had noodles wedged in every roll on his body....even between his toes. So off they went to the tub and I was left to the dishes. It didn't take long before I realized I got the raw end of the deal...one look at the high chair and I knew why Clay opted for the baby.
he preferred the long noodles off of our plates. One messy baby later, Daddy offered to take Jack up for his nightly bath if I cleaned the kitchen. Sure, I thought...that's a deal. Considering Jack's face was stained red from sauce and he had noodles wedged in every roll on his body....even between his toes. So off they went to the tub and I was left to the dishes. It didn't take long before I realized I got the raw end of the deal...one look at the high chair and I knew why Clay opted for the baby.
2 comments:
ADORABLE post! We'll have to make spaghetti over here since Jack liked it so much.
E
So cute...Nate needs to take some eating lessons from Jack!
Post a Comment