Jack started swimming lessons at the beginning of June with his friends, Miller and Sophia. The objectives: (1) kick feet in the water (2) blow bubbles in the water. So far, three lessons later, we have accomplished neither. While clinging on for dear life to Mommy's neck, Jack is suppose to move his feet back and forth in a kicking motion while I repeat the phrase "kick, kick, kick". So far, no luck. However, I decided to alter the phrase to "kick your feet", since Jack knows what his feet are, and since then, there has actually been a little motion down under. I still wouldn't call it a kick though. As for objective number 2...I really thought we could get this one. Jack can blow a whistle and blow bubbles at home. So it should be no problem, right? Well, he can't quite make the transfer to the water. I lower his lips to the water and instead of blowing he purses his mouth shut in between rants of "na, na, na, na", which in Jack language means "no, no, no, no". Although we haven't met the course requirements just yet, I find Jack getting more and more comfortable in the water each time we go. Which is ultimately, my main objective. As a matter of fact, Jack went down the slide into the pool twice today and actually liked it! I couldn't have said that 2 lessons ago. One big splash and a huge smile later made me realize that he really is getting something out of his weekly swim lesson. Not to mention, we get to splash around with our buddies too! Speaking of buddies, we attempted to get some photos of the little ones decked out in their swim attire today and the photo shoot was quite challenging. Between avoiding any of them taking an unnecessary dip in the water and trying to get the three of them to look at the camera at the same time, the pictures just don't do our 'pool fun' justice. But, you know I have to share them regardless. Enjoy the shots of our water babies!




1 comment:
so cute! I am so jealous of your little swimmers! and the groups photos are adorable...I can't believe how big everyone is getting!
Post a Comment