Monday, June 30, 2008

A Reunion Weekend

We were down in Florida this weekend for Clay's 20th year high school reunion...yes, that's Class of 1988! Jack stayed with Grammy and Grampa while Clay and I shacked up at the Hilton on the beach. As much, a I loved a "mini" vacation, it was hard to be away from Jack knowing he was right over the bridge, less than 5 miles away. (that's why I had to go visit him often, in between reunion functions) The reunion was great, especially for Clay, and the fabulous part of it all, being from the same home town, I got to visit with some of my friends too. Although our 20th reunion isn't for another 7 years, (just had to throw that in), the two Stephanies, Amy, Evan and Jack and I met for lunch at my favorite beach restaurant. I was anticipating this meeting because I got to see TWO baby bumps...Amy and Stephanie Bell. How exciting, and of course, they both looked beautiful! Jack was in great spirits, but unfortunately little Evan was feeling some molars push through. I do think they enjoyed each others company though. The boys stared at one another, shared toy cars, and Jack showed Evan how to run around getting attention from fellow costumers. Jack even sported his sand pail that his kids meal came in as he stopped at each and every table to socialize. Stephanie said he looked like he was begging for money. He didn't collect much though! One last stop before we left lunch....a picture with Pirate Pete. Now, keep in mind we were locals at one time and this is a very tourist like thing to do. But, I couldn't resist getting one for the blog, not to mention Jack was fascinated with good Ol' Pete. So two pictures later, we said our goodbyes and I patted the baby bumps farewell. I only hope Jack's surge of energy didn't scare the Mommies to be. I returned Jack to Grammy and Grampa and settled him in to a much deserved nap. That evening I was on the way to Clay's reunion. Unfortunately, per Clay's request, I have no pictures of his event...boo! But, I will paint a picture for you....a hotel banquet room filled with gold and blue balloons and a lot of guys in their thirties rocking out to 80's music on the dance floor. It was very entertaining to say the least. I did get to see a slide show of the class of '88 back in the day, which was very well done, and I thoroughly enjoyed looking at the hairdos....got to love the 80's! It was great to meet Clay's classmates and hear stories from long ago. The most important part was the Clay had a 'totally awesome' time. I know this because he was paying for it the next day.


2 comments:

The Fokens Family said...

I'm sure you wore an 80's dress to the event like in Romie and Michelle's HS reunion.
Umm...check out our blog and see how our boys are almost twins in their matchy match outfits & shoes too!! HILARIOUS!!
E

Erin said...

I am so jealous you got to hang out with the girls! Glad you guys had a nice weekend in the Breeze!