We just spent the sweetest girl's weekend at The Greenbrier in Virginia. I can't rave enough about this place. My old soul was in absolute heaven with the decor, the southern hospitality, the nostalgia, and the delicious meals. It has coined the name "America's Resort" and I couldn't agree more.
I'm ready to go back...like tomorrow. But until then, I will relive the sweet weekend with my Mom and my girls through the pictures.
Unfortunately, with the Covid crisis, Delta halted direct flights to the resort. That certainly made getting there for a weekend get away a bit of a chore. We had a very early flight with a brief lay over on our way. On the way home we opted to leave later in the afternoon with another lay over and arrived home pretty late. We definitely took advantage of every minute the weekend afforded us.
We stayed in one of the darling cottages located to the right of the property. It was quaint with two double beds, one bathroom, a dressing area, and a living room with a fireplace. The white front porch with the rockers were like cherries on top to our darling home away from home.
Like I mentioned, we squeezed a lot into a weekend get away. Hang on to your hat, because we are going to be busy...
Grandma gifted the girls with a visit to the teeny tiny fairy house to make fairy gardens. Everything inside the house was just as teeny tiny but, with big price tags. The girl's gardens turned out adorable though and they have already put them on display at home.
We had the best southern fried chicken and ice cream ever at Draper's Cafe. Which can I just say is adorable!
We spent a morning at the Greenbrier Spa. We enjoyed a few services including their specialty, a Sulphur Soak.
We spent time at the Artist's Colony and even participated in a glass craft class ourselves. We came home with two sun catchers and a set of wind chimes.
We swam in the atrium pool and were in complete awe of the style, history, and decor that surrounded us.
We had a very fancy dinner in the Main Dining Room. My beautiful girls got all dressed up and practiced their best lady like manners. {It nearly killed them...way too many forks}
And mama enjoyed a Mint Julep to cheers to my girls for a job well done. I mean you can't go to the Greenbrier and not have at least one Mint Julep, right?

It was such a lovely Spring weekend. If I have my way, I will be dragging the boys up soon enough for a weekend of fly fishing and golfing. Any excuse to go back.
























No comments:
Post a Comment