Happy Easter friends!
This was an Easter unlike any other. So much so that I almost forgot to decorate. {now you know that is serious}
Right now, I'm really missing everything about Sunday mornings. But most especially on this Easter Sunday. I miss going to Mass, I miss receiving communion, I miss teaching Lucy's Sunday school class, I even miss arguing with my children {the two older ones} about putting some decent clothes on for church.
This has been a huge sacrifice {as I'm sure I don't have to tell anyone}. This is down right hard. I miss so much about our normal life. I guess if I'm going to pick a day to reflect on sacrifice, Easter Sunday is the day to do it.
We pushed through this drizzly Easter Sunday in quarantine. The Easter Bunny still came. We still hunted eggs in the yard. And we even saved our egg dying for today to give us "something to do". We are always looking for "something to do" these days.
After the fun stuff, I forced my kids to sit on the couch as a family and watch the Son of God. It was a powerful movie and another reminder that sacrifice is tough stuff. The kids will never admit it, but I'm pretty sure they were intrigued and it touched somewhere that I just couldn't today.
We enjoyed a catered Easter feast, albeit in lounge clothes, and then called it another day. I think that's day #158 or something close.
So here is what I captured of our quarantined Easter Sunday. Not much, but between the cold drizzly weather, a quarantine, and my apparent sour mood, this is what I got.
Okay, I have to admit, those sweet smiles just cheered me up. Thank you God {you just seem to pop in right when I need you, huh?}







No comments:
Post a Comment