Another day in quarantine, another birthday.
My big boy is officially a real live teenager! I swear this seems utterly impossible considering I haven't gotten any older. Where does the time go? And am I ready for this next phase? Eek!
Seeing as how Jack got a massive birthday celebration in Denmark last month, we kept his Quaran-teen birthday pretty low key. I can't deny, I did struggle with that a little bit-you know how I love a birthday. I would have liked to take him to a nice dinner or at least get out of the house for a few.
But this guy couldn't have cared less. When I quietly apologized for the day indoors, he respondsed with " I got to go to Denmark for my birthday, I'm fine!". Okay, true. Maybe I just needed to hear that out of his mouth.
So this is what 13 in quarantine looks like...
Doughnuts delivered for breakfast with a festive table.
Sibling gifts and lunch after a morning of virtual school.
Giant yard signs announcing the milestone day and a big bracey smile {that melts my heart}.
And fried shrimp from Red Lobster and birthday cake with 13 candles for dinner.
Plus a ROOT beer, don't be fooled. It was included in a gift for Jack that included all of his favorite things. Thoughtful siblings.
We all love you Jack! You are the first to take us into the teenage years. Please make it a smooth ride. Happy Birthday to my #1 teen!
I have a feeling this is going to be a year you will always remember.






No comments:
Post a Comment