Saturday, July 20, 2019

Pacific Northwest: Victoria, Canada

Hello beautiful Victoria, BC.  We have arrived!  After a 3 hour ride on the Victoria Clipper we checked into, yet another, Fairmont.  And let me tell you, the grounds were stunning.  It was already nearing bed time, so we grabbed a delish bite to eat and cozzied up in our hotel for the evening.


Our first morning in Victoria was spent on a bike tour.  I can't really imagine a better way to take in the loveliness of the city. However, the cutest part was Lucy and Daddy attached on their set of wheels...loved it!








We made several pit stops along the way.  The nature scene was breath taking and speaking of breath, I couldn't get enough of the fresh crisp air.





There were sweet deer everywhere we looked.  They seemed to have absolutely no fear of people and would let us cruise right up to them.


After a glorious morning on bikes, we walked our way down to the wharf to dine on the famous Barb's Fish & Chips.  The wharf itself was entertaining enough with floating houses, restaurants and shops, but we had bigger plans.



What is a trip to Canada without a whale watching tour?  We boarded our vessel after lunch and made our way far far far out in the sea.  And yes, we saw lots of whales!  I was actually so mesmerized that I forgot to take pictures of the beauties.  I did snag a tail shot though.





And yes, it was freezing!  But the whale watching company kindly provides all kinds of winter wear for the trip.  Shew!


We grabbed dinner and dessert again on the wharf before heading back to the hotel for a much needed night of rest.



The following morning was spent exploring Victoria by foot.  We visited the Mini-Land Museum, a few gardens, Market Square, and lots of little shops.



These three were ecstatic to find that they sold the legit Kinder-Eggs in Canada!  I never knew there was a difference before then.



By evening, we were boarding the V to V ferry headed for Vancouver.



When we weren't admiring the stunning views, we were in our cabin playing this little jewel of a game.  I highly recommend it for your next family road trip.


See you in Vancouver!


No comments: