Okay folks, here you have it, the official goodbye to elementary school. If I cry through this whole post, please forgive me.
Before I start with graduation, let me just tell you about this boy of mine. If there ever was a perfect student, Jack is it! He's the kid who comes home from school, unpacks, heads straight to his desk and completes his homework. Jack is the kid who never has to be reminded to study or that a test is coming up. This boy is on auto-pilot. And anytime I question a project due date or an upcoming test, he says, "I've got it Mommy". And guess what? He ALWAYS does!
This kid comes home with straight A's, loves to learn, reads like a maniac, and sadly, is always correcting his Mama. Yes, I'll admit, this kid is way smarter than me.
Jack is well behaved, well mannered and adored by his teachers. Elementary School has been good to him and I can't wait to watch him soar into Middle School. He's ready. I'm sure of that. And he's going to flourish. I'm sure of that too. What I'm not sure of is if I'm ready.
So today when this marvelous student of mine graduated from 5th grade, I felt a sense of pride and I cried. He was awarded every.single. academic. award possible. And he stood on that stage completely humbled and unexpectant. His teacher gave a glowing blurb about him while Clay and I beamed from the our seats.
Not only only is this boy a hard worker, he's pretty handsome too. 💙
We said our goodbyes to friends and teachers and then Jack went straight home to rip off those dress clothes.
It was party time! 5th grade celebrated with a massive end of year pool party. I'm not sure if they have ever had this much fun.
After this wild celebration, we were off to the last day of school bus stop party. Too many emotions for one day!
Middle school, it's official, here we come....ready or not!











No comments:
Post a Comment