This might have been my Merriest Christmas Eve ever. In so many ways it was just like all the other preceding Eves {we love traditions}, but there was one minor difference. Just hold on to your hat, because it's adorable.
But, first, let's visit those annual Christmas Eve Gingerbread Houses. For some reason this never gets old for my little trio. Their favorite part is displaying them for the family at Christmas dinner and everyone taking their guess on who's is who's. Believe it or not, it's getting harder and harder to tell!
And I gotta say, staying in your pjs all morning and afternoon is pretty amazing too!
After the completion of houses, we exchanged family gifts. And for the life of me, I can't figure why I have no pictures of that. Oh well. So in your mind's eye, imagine this... Jack got a coveted Roller Coaster Lego, Maggie got a gift certificate to have her room re-done {yes, she talked us into it} and Lucy got a gymnastics set.
All three were ecstatic and so much so, Santa might just be able to skip our house this year.
Before we knew it, it was time to slip out of those pjs and into our Christmas attire for Christmas Eve Mass. The girls decided they wanted to go all out this year and really get glitzy!
Jack couldn't dread anything more than getting dressed up, but he was a trooper and looked mighty handsome to boot.
Get ready for it. Are you still holding on to your hat? Because here comes the cuteness that might have made this my Merriest Christmas Eve ever....
Sweet {and brave} little Lucy sang in the Children's Choir. And not only did I get to hear my precious angel singing songs about Jesus, our entire family got a a front row reserved seat. Something about being right up front in the holiness of Christmas Eve Mass was mesmerizing. It was a beautiful experience.
And I FINALLY got an Angel in the Christmas choir. I love that #3!
Now if that was my favorite part of Christmas Eve, the kids's favorite was yet to come...Christmas Eve dinner {and more excitingly, presents} at Grandma's house.
Seriously Santa...you can skip our house this year!





















No comments:
Post a Comment