Ya'll I adore this little guy, but I am slap worn out. Newborn days all over again, anyone?
If Shelton isn't rolling in the mud and needing his 3rd bath of the day, then....
he is throwing up all night and headed to the emergency vet. In his defense, he has been an incredible sleeper. He goes in his crate at night and we don't hear from him until morning. I really couldn't ask for more than that.
But, when he yelped and barked the other night for the first time, I just knew something had to be wrong. My motherly intuition was right. Our little dude was up vomiting. Like from 2:00 am, every ten minutes until the vet opened at 8:00 am.
After an X-ray, it was suspected he had a foreign object in his tummy. Basically, I pictured one of Lucy's shoes, or possibly one of Jack's Legos, or even part of Maggie's bathing suit which she threw all over her room in a diva moment of "hating all her suits". Ugh...what could it be?
We were sent to the emergency vet to await an ultrasound. Little Shelton was beyond lethargic and would hardly lift his head. It was pathetic. This is the exact moment, I realized just how much I loved him already!
Good news, pup did not swallow a foreign object, but instead had a swollen tummy filled with ulcers. Miserable! But, no surgery thankfully. Ulcers are generally caused by ingesting a toxin, apparently. So here I went again, wracking my brain...what could he have gotten in to?
The only conclusion we could come up with was wasp spray from the lake. Still no affirmation, but the boat was sprayed pretty good and he was all over it. Like, eating up spilled tortilla chips off the floor board, etc.
Regardless, after a full 36 hour sleep over at the hospital, Shelton is back home and feeling like the young pup he is.
We are all so happy to have him home! We are back to our pee, play, sleep routine and all then all over again about 100x a day.
Can't wait to see what adventure our Summer Puppy takes us on next! Good thing he is beyond lovable.






No comments:
Post a Comment