I'm going to spare myself the time, and include our first week of knocking activities off of our Summer List in one... big... fat... post. This can easily be attributed to the fact that we have a puppy {note the last post} and therefore, time is very precious.
So here we go, the cliff note version...
We rode Go Karts at a Speedway. I was on the little track with Maggie. Jack and Daddy were on the big track, hence the reason I have no pictures of them. Long story short, Maggie was terrified, tried it, and probably will never do it again.
But, she did look pretty cute in her helmet.
The kids and I attended Lego Land Discovery Center. Yes, Jack is still Lego obsessed. The girls tag along for the rides and the 4D movie.
I have to say this was one of our best visits yet. The place was very quiet {score} and all three kiddos were willing to try and do everything. Plus we ate lunch at Johnny Rockets and devoured delish milkshakes.
We made our annual visit to the World Of Coke {with a bestie neighbor friend}. The is crazily a fan favorite around my house. I mean who doesn't love soda slurping all afternoon?
We found a jewel of a summer venue to visit. I think this may be my new favorite and I can't figure out why this summer was our first visit! The local History Museum is completely fascinating. I'm a total history nerd {and it seems Jack is following in my foot steps} because neither of us could get enough of the exhibits.
But the best part were the interactive antique homes on property with actors from history. This kept the 8 and under crowd happily entertained.
Not to mention, the grounds were gorgeous for exploring and climbing.
And our most recent adventure was a weekend drive to drop Jack off at summer camp for two weeks! Shelton even came with us! His made his first road trip and did great. We spent lots of time at the hotel pool with its beautiful scenery and made a few exploratory trips downtown. Shelton was welcome everywhere in town....love that!
Btw...that is Lucy going down that slide...fearless
Summer is good!





























1 comment:
So glad you finally had time to do this! I have been waiting! Love you, Mom
Post a Comment