Saturday, May 12, 2018

First Communion

We all know May can get extremely hectic.  My calendar is buzzing with end of year parties, sports celebrations, birthdays, Mother's Day, recitals and graduations.  I completely love it and am completely exhausted at the same time.

So when Maggie's 1st Communion was scheduled for May, I can't lie, I winced.  But, now that we have been here and done that, I'm thinking the timing could have not been more perfect.  Maggie's holy day forced me {and the entire family} to s....l....o....w down.  It also reminded me of the beauty of our faith and the many blessings I have because of it.

Maggie's sincere spirituality and celebration of this day was absolutely magical.  Like the kind that creates tears of joy.  I just love when that happens.  Not to mention, I got to see my girl in a dress again!  {and that doesn't happen very often anymore}.

The photo quality is poor...my apologies.  Flashes were prohibited to avoid interfering with the professionals.  But, trust me, this sweetness was absolutely stunning.




What made the occasion even more special were the special guests.  I hope Maggie knows how blessed she is to have had her Grandma, Great Grandma and Grammy in attendance.  We had four generations of women from my side, pretty amazing.



As you can imagine, post ceremony, EVERYONE wanted a picture with Maggie.  And in every possible configuration you can imagine.  Here are a few of the Girl of the Hour with her adoring family.









Truly a beautiful occasion with lots of love.  We followed the Communion with a lovely brunch out and lots of gifts for my Magpie.   I'm thinking she felt pretty special....and very blessed.

Now time to pick up the pace...May Mayhem has arrived!


No comments: