Thursday, February 8, 2018

Spreading The Love

The littles and I are preparing for Valentine's Day around here.  The decorations are up and we have been racking our brains on how to spread the love this year.

It goes without saying, the girls are pretty easy. Pink, purple, glitter, hearts...anything usually goes. However, try getting a 10 year old boy to get lovey dove.  And that my friends, is where it gets a bit challenging.

Luckily for Jack, I've been a boy mommy for a good ten years now and I think I've got this all figured out.  So imagine his chagrin when I came to him with a plethora of disgusting ideas for Valentines Day.  He was elated and after much debate settled on a poo splat ball.

What can I say...boys will be boys!



The girls giggled themselves silly, but steered very clear of Jack's gross idea.  But, that did spark a desire for something sticky, but still sweet...and pink, among other pretty colors.

We found these adorable UFO slimes online and bonus...the slime is sprinkled with glitter.





Thankfully both girls were on board to spread the love the same way.  It sure does make Mommy life easier when they do that.


And as you know, I can't resist treating those AMAZING teachers.  I have a spot right in the center of my heart for them.  Not to mention, I think it's great for the kids to show LOVE & appreciation to the ones they spend several hours a day with.

So this year, we steered clear of sweet treats.  Because If I'm being honest, I spotted these cutsie make-up bags and just knew they had to be purposed.

Some say XOXO and the others say Follow Your 💜.  So fitting for the day of love.  I popped some fun lip glosses with hearts on them, added a tag, and here they are.




Oooh oooh ooooh...we just can't wait to Spread The Love.  Only a week away!


No comments: