In the cutest way ever, Lulu just can't seem to spit out her /th/ sound. So what should be Father's Day is now "Farter"s Day. Of course we hardly gave it a second thought when the littlest mispronounced it. But it only took once for our 9 year old BOY {note that's in caps} to be in ear shot. I'm not sure I will ever get boy humor.
As you can imagine from there the entire day was renamed while giggles were near uncontrollable. Being the trooper he is, our Daddy just rolled with it.
It certainly didn't hurt that we treated him to a day at the College Football Hall of Fame. If there was ever a museum made for our Daddy, this is the one.
I bought tickets ahead of time. It really wasn't much help as we still had to wait in the line {still puzzled about that one}, but it did ensure we were able to get in.
Upon entry we were given our lanyards and access passes. We registered them with our names and favorite teams at the kiosk. I assume you know who Jack and Daddy picked. I, on the other hand, was shocked to find my little college listed. Pretty cool...for me anyway!
The first {and favorite} stop was the interactive skills field. We had a great time kicking, catching, and throwing. I'm sure you will notice there is not one picture of Maggie during this athletic adventure. She opted to man the sidelines with the camera. I was impressed by some of the shots she captured though.
The rest of the museum was, shall I say it?....boring for the littles, but totally fascinating for Daddy. And this day was about him after all. The kids did get a kick of how the screens and exhibits often lit up with their team information when they tapped their access pass against it. Technology never ceases to amaze me.
Other highlights included a 10 minute football documentary on the big screen. The girls loved the cheerleaders and their costumes and the boys loved the action. We also got a glimpse of a Heisman Trophy. Can't say that happens everyday.
Post museum we headed out into the bright sunshine of the city. We were are all starving and were looking for a casual bite to eat. We spotted a "Seafood Bar" and ducked right in. To our surprise it was near fine dining. The sign and name were completely misleading.
As you can imagine, I was mortified as I layed the linen napkin across my lap and tried to hide my Chuck Taylors under the table. We were so deep in by that point there was no escape.
Luckily the food was absolutely delish and Daddy thoroughly enjoyed his meal. I scarfed mine down and bolted out of that place before anyone could judge us. Lesson learned on the supposed "Seafood Bar".
All embarrassment aside, I'd like to wish Clay a very Happy












No comments:
Post a Comment