Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Labor Day At The Lake

I loaded up the kids {and Grandma} and headed to GG's lake this holiday weekend.  I thought it would be nice of me to offer up a much deserved weekend break for Daddy, considering he does "labor" pretty hard the rest of the year.  The best part of all is that he was seriously worried about "missing us".  Now tell me that isn't endearing.

The kids were beyond thrilled to make the travels to see their favorite Great-Grandmother and you must know by now just how much I do adore her too.  We were all pretty much giddy about the weekend ahead.

Happily, it did not disappoint {even after that horrendous drive in holiday traffic...ugh}.  We spent a lot of time lakeside which was a success all around.  The weather was gorgeous and the lake was just perfect.  




We were so proud of Maggie for earning "Little Hootie" for the long weekend from her Kindergarten teacher.  She was just about as ecstatic as you can get when we picked her up from school on Friday.  Little Hootie was heading to the lake!  This may the first time he has made it out of state.




And lest I not mention, my kids got along most of the time.  Woo hoo!



They even did crazy things like build forts together and sleep in them together.  Because trust me, that is seriously worth noting here lately.


If we weren't at the lake, we were shopping.  What do you expect with four ladies?  I felt the need to lessen the blow for Jack.  I'm pretty sure that is not what he signed up for on his Labor Day Weekend.

So you can imagine both of our delights when we spotted this super trampoline bounce thing right in the middle of the mall.  I'm thinking he may have done this in between each store we visited.  He loved it!  It made the mall completely doable for him and possibly enjoyable {although I'm sure he would never admit that}.



And while Lucy napped and Maggie baked with GG the next day, I also took Jack to a Zip Line Course and to ride Bumper Boats.  See, I did make sure my boy was taken care of.



Jack literally drenched me with water sprayer on the front of his boat.  I was totally not prepared for that or the fact that I had to go home and rewash my hair...and dry it...and straighten it...ugh.

However, it was certainly one of the highlights of my weekend.  I remember these things back on the beach when I was a kid.  I haven't seen one since.  Truly a blast from the past.


We spent our last full day exploring around "town".  My kids adore this place for lunch, farm animals, sweets, shops, and all the other goodies it has to offer.  They must of asked at least a dozen times on the trip up if we would be going to the "animal" place...intermittent with "are we there yet?" and "how much longer?".



 I am certainly glad that we did.  Because look what I scored...


Okay so if you look closely at Lucy's lap she is eating a snowcone in this awesome flower looking shaped cup.  When I saw these I just knew I had to have some for Maggie's birthday party. I asked the teenage clerks where they got them {of course they had no clue}.  Next thing I know they were getting the manager for me. With a little finagling and some sweet grins from Maggie we walked out with  a stack in pink, green, and yellow for free.  Score!

Super excited to fill these cute things up for Maggie's November party...have I ever mentioned I'm a serious planner?

We ended our trip with brownies for breakfast {that's a GG for you} and a slew of hugs, kisses, "I'll miss you"s.  It's always hard to leave the BEST Grandma in the entire world!


Thankfully I know I'll see her and the rest of the fam in about a month.  We've got a wedding to attend!  So super excited!

Thanks for having us at the lake GG!  We love you!



No comments: