If you ever want to feel good about yourself, just hang out with this gal. She has a way of building up everyone she meets. A dear friend in the truest sense.
A few of her girlfriends from the past and present gathered for a weekend of toasting the bride to be. Her wait has been well worth it. From what I can gather, the groom is quite a catch. I couldn't be happier for her.
Now mind you, this is one of the very few times I have left my kids {and most definitely my husband} in over two years. I knew I needed it and I knew it would be great for everyone. But...I sobbed like a baby all the way to the airport. I could hardly stand the thought of missing out on one single minute with my little ones. Am I crazy?!?!
When I arrived for my first girl's night my heart had healed and just being in the presence of Liz brought me peace and joy. She is that fabulous. We spent hours catching up, telling stories, laughing, wedding planning, eating, spilling wine, and staying up way past my bedtime. It was wonderful.
As hard as it was to rise and shine on Saturday morning it was well worth it. We had the most luxurious spa day in store, and I mean DAY! We spent hours being pampered and catching up with more friends. Fabulousness.
By early evening we headed back to the hotel, cleaned up, met more gals, and went out for a celebratory dinner night. I adored meeting more of Liz's friends {they were a sweet group} and hanging with some of the old ones.
Sometimes you don't know just how much you need your girl time until you actually get it {at least I didn't}. However, I can't deny that I ran through that door on Sunday and snatched my kids up in the biggest and best hugs and smothered them in kisses. All three of them were just as delicious as I remembered {and they survived just fine without me}.
Congratulations to the bride to be! Liz is getting married! xoxo dear friend

No comments:
Post a Comment