Sunday, September 28, 2014

Orange Belt Graduation

As of Saturday, I officially reside with an orange belt karate kid.  After several months of hard work on Jack's part and several months of dragging little sisters to karate lessons twice a week he reached his goal.

I couldn't be more proud of him.  And that little humble grin on his face during graduation proved that he was mighty proud as well.  I couldn't help but tearing up on Saturday {seems to be a problem of mine the last two weekends-and I'm hardly a crier}.  But the joy of seeing Jack doing something he feels good about and doing it well is enough to make me want to burst.

His graduation included a full on display of his most recent accomplishments.  I am truly amazed at how strong he has become, both in his will and physically. His confidence has soared since taking on the extracurricular activity and I'm pretty confident he could defend himself well if ever needed.



Not to mention, his instructors are amazing.  They were born to work with kids.  I couldn't be more pleased with the way they handle a class full of boys.  That in itself takes talent if you ask me.



Jack has already set his sights on a black belt.  Obviously a few years down the road.  However, we did both agree a break from the karate grind schedule would do us both well.

I know we will return, Jack just can't ever stay away for too long.  But for now, he decided to put his efforts into his most recent extracurricular activity choices...chess club and flag football.  I can't lie, I was slightly surprised by the latter choice.  Oh, but believe me, I didn't hesitate signing him up for a moment.  I am all about a well rounded kiddo.

And so far so good.  He is loving the football thing and comes home completely worn out.  Score!

Congrats on that fancy orange belt Jack!  Well deserved!


1 comment:

Grammy said...

An orange belt! What an accomplishment. So proud of you, Jsck