Thursday, June 7, 2012

Update From The Homefront


Just a little update from casa Cibula.  Yes, we are still under construction.  And yes, there are days that I think this may never end.  {it has been 4 months now...}  But, yes, there is progress.

The exterior is nearly finished.  Minus a few details such as shutters, landscaping, construction debris removal.  Most specifically I am referring to that giant ugly dumpster in my driveway.

The backyard and patio areas are still pretty torn up, but right now I am just begging for the inside of my house back.

We are moved into our new master.  However, we are still short a bathroom.  I am happy to report that as lovely as my days of sharing a shower/tub with Maggie and her toys have been, they will be ending soon.  The marble finally arrived and work has begun in our master bath.  Hoping for a speedy completion. 

And in {my most exciting} news, our new family room furniture arrived and a few additions for the sunroom.  Now if I can just train the workers {whom I adore} to love it as much as I do.  What is it with men and dirt?  {ironically I thought I was plenty safe with a June delivery date, obviously not generous enough with construction time overflow}



A little view of the exterior.  As I mentioned, we are still short shutters and a bit of landscaping.  However, our light fixtures have been hung since this photo and I am so happy with the difference that minor detail made.  And note that poor tree we tried to transplant.  She didn't make the wrath of construction--since this photo she has sadly been removed.



Our new portico which now has a hanging lantern and is actually painted.  Love that my friends can visit me on rainy days now.



Our friends entrance and look some of the lights are up in this photo.  {we are very well lit at night.}  And I am so happy with the way the gray stain and the stone compliment one another.  You wouldn't know unless you were living through this with me, but picking out stone, stain color, trim color, and gutters were excruciatingly painful decisions.  Those would have been expensive mistakes.



And now a little peek inside.  Here are the sunroom floors that we were all looking forward to.  The sunroom furniture is finally out of the garage...and we added a table and chairs.  Love that the kids have a place to draw and play games now.



Our finished master ceiling.  Not much more to show you in this room.  Basically it's just a bed and four walls right now.  I am waiting for the bathroom to be complete before I can work on the details.  But, my how do I love our new closets?  After what I went from my closet feels like a palace.  And the timing couldn't be more perfect....I have a section for "I never want to see these again" maternity clothes and a section for "one day I'll be a normal size again {sigh}" clothes. 

Thanks for taking the mini tour with me.  Four months later and I just feel the need to vent/share.  Although it doesn't look like too much it has been exhausting.  

Shouldn't this be over by now?  Lucky Lucy got to hide in the womb for this adventure.  Hopefully we can welcome her into a hammer free home here in a couple months.





No comments: