Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Guess Who's Two?


My Maggie, of course!  Two years ago to the day we were blessed with a joyful, sweet, sensitive, loving, and precious baby girl.  And my, how much joy she has brought to this family.  Life with her is heavenly {of course, she has her moments, but don't they all?}.  I can't remember life before her and I certainly can't imagine it without her.

We celebrated Maggie's 2nd year of life this past weekend with a Barnyard Petting Farm in our own backyard.  The weather was ideal {minus a little wind}, Maggie was happy to be two, and we had lots of friends, family, {and animals} to celebrate with.  Thank you to all of our friends and especially Grammy & Grampa who made the sweet effort to celebrate with us.  It was a great, and very busy, weekend.

I have so many pictures to share, but I will spare you the ones from my camera {well, maybe just a few}.  However, a new photographer, who is a friend of a friend, took amazing pictures for me.  She shared a little sneak a peek on her blog and that's when I decided I wouldn't put you through my amateur photos.  Check it out for your self...Maggie's Petting Farm. I think she is pretty amazing. She officially has a permanent job with the Cibulas. {which is a good thing for her, because you know how I love pictures}

As always at the Cibula house, the birthday celebration continued all the way up to Maggie's real birthdate.  Tuesday Maggie celebrated with her friends at school.  She came home after a Birthday snack of donuts and applesauce with a giant number "2" crown on her head.  She was very proud.

And this morning, November 9th, we woke Maggie with bright lights, a video camera in her face, and a Happy Birthday tune.  I'll spare you {again} the video, which in turn means I'm sparing you my singing voice too. For some reason I'm the only one who ever sings and I have the video camera in my hands...not a good combo. But, Mags loved it and we love her.

The official day does deserve some photographic documentation.  So, I'll give you a few of my very amateur photos of the week long celebration.  However, you'll have to wait on the "professional" party pics...but, trust me they will be worth it {and I'm sure you believe me if you checked out that link up there}.  Stay posted....the party lives on...

We love you Magpie!!  Happy "Terrific 2"!

{I really can't even believe I'm sharing these after the awesome job that Andrea did, but we need something to hold you over...her pictures put mine to shame}



The Dessert table.



The centerpiece on the food table {which was filled with all kinds of barnyard yummies, i.e. pigs in a blanket, cow tails, hay bales, a garden, etc.}



Favor barns--jam packed with barnyard animals, barn bubbles, and personalized sippy cups in different combos of gingham {lots of gingham at this party}.



My attempt at getting a few animals in the picture.  At this point, Andrea showed me a few images on her camera and I politely resigned as back up photographer.



The beautiful Birthday Girl with her cupcake.




My barnyard princess enjoying a tea party with some of her gifts.  Gotta love being a girl!



Birthday Morning...How old are you Maggie?  And she proudly answers "2"!



Birthday girl with her excited brother.  Check out those hair dos...in case you are wondering, we have a lot of water bottles around our house.




4 comments:

The Campbells said...

So sweet! Love the joy and happiness on both your kiddos faces. Two is such a great age.

Drea said...

awe she is so cute in her jammies with that messy hair :) - I had a great time. Awesome party, so well done. You have a sweet family. Look forward to working with you again :)

Donna said...

I've been waiting on this post!! It was a great birthday celebration and I am cracking up seeing Maggie without her signature bow. I would honestly not recognize her without it!! Happy Birthday, Maggie and thanks for the fun birthday prizes we received!!

The Fokens Family said...

I loved seeing every adorable farm detail. We loved our felt barns. Thanks for including us!