Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Red, White, and Blue Fun


Another eventful weekend for the Cibulas. America's Birthday celebration started on Saturday for us and lasted all the way until Tuesday. The kid's laundry baskets look like they could belong to good ol' Uncle Sam. No shortage of red,white, and blue clothing around here.

We started our 4 day celebration with the Zimmerman's annual 4th cookout. Lots of swimming, good food, and plenty of friends--always fun for us and the kids. With Mags on the move, it was a whole new experience this year. Thankfully Jack does a good job at keeping himself entertained with his new found love of swimming {and I mean actual swimming}, so it was only one to chase around the pool deck. Not too bad.

We also enjoyed our neighborhood 4th party at the clubhouse. I don't recall it ever raining on the 4th, but it did this year. We had a nice sunny morning at the pool, came home, napped, and right as we were headed back for the evening festivities, we were hit by a severe thunderstorm. After waiting it out {all of us sporting our red, white and blue}, we were able to make it to the party for a couple hours before the rain blew in again. Unfortunately, fireworks were postponed, so Jack and I caught the D.C. celebration on TV before calling it a night.

And this leads me to why we celebrated for 4 days. The fireworks were postponed until Tuesday evening. Of course, we couldn't let patriotic Jack be deprived of the celebration. So it was off to the clubhouse again for another late night. Mommy and Maggie stayed home for a much needed early bedtime. But our dear Jack was surely feeling the effects the next day. Two late nights are two too many for him. Good news is we got some great naps out of him this weekend!

Happy Independence Day to all! I sure am proud to be an American {as you can see Maggie is too in the picture above}!

Okay, I just had to share this. Jack is very in to "accessorizing" his outfits these days {socks and hats to be precise}. So this is how he showed up at the Zimmerman's Cookout. Luckily, he was in his bathing suit before most guests even arrived. Gotta love a little display of independence on "Independence Day".


Jack and Miller, the stars and stripes boys, kept themselves fully entertained doing 'boy things'. Here is their best impersonation of a firework. If only pictures had sound effects.



Okay, so maybe I didn't shadow Maggie around the pool deck the entire time. She had plenty of swim time with the Daddies and babies.



Can I tell you how much I love this picture? What is the 4th without a big slice of juicy watermelon running down your chest and pooling into your belly button? I adore that messy boy!


Works like a charm every time...the popsicle group picture.


Jack is officially our little fish. Back and forth between a parent and the pool steps is how he spent the majority of his July 4th, 2011.



And our careful boy will even be thrown in the water before his lap back to the stairs! As long as it's exactly like Buzz Lightyear. {though this may not be shocking to you, this is seriously a milestone for us!}



My sweetest little firecracker of the night.



And my messiest little firecracker of the night. I don't know what I would do without one of each.


I don't know what it is about my kids and the American flag. But, there is some serious happiness going on when they get one in their hands. Another proud American?





1 comment:

ericafokens said...

What a fun fourth for your family. Glad we were able to spend part of it with you! Precious J & Maggie pictures in red, white and blue.
~Erica