Monday, July 11, 2011

Almost A Graduate


We are almost there...I can see the light at the end of this tunnel.  And it is beaming!  It has been a long six weeks and quite a commitment.  But, my Maggie is almost an ISR graduate.

I say 'almost', because her instructor and I have decided to put one more week into it to perfect a few undesirable habits on Maggie's part.  Other than that, she is an official floater.  She even did a few pseudo fall ins today and came up into her float beautifully.

Her swimming has definitely taken a back seat to the float.  But, I am a-ok with that.  All I know is she can float and therefore my little daredevil (I use that term very loosely, you have to remember all I have is Jack to compare her to) is finally safe.  She has a much greater awareness of the water and therefore much more respectful of it.

So at the end of a fully committed 7 weeks, we can finally enjoy the end to our summer.  I foresee a few swim playdates hosted by the Cibula kids!

Congrats Mags!  We are so proud of you!



There is some of that 'undesirable behavior' I mentioned earlier...her hand on her inner thigh.




Ms. Gina, or "Nuh" as Maggie likes to call her, is working hard on breaking that habit.  We saw lots of progress today.  Maggie can be a stubborn little thing when she wants to be.  But, usually the mention of her after swim treat, which is a "pop" is incentive to get it done.  Maggie has been known to yell "pop" over and over again from her float position as she waves her hands in the air telling us "all done" in baby sign language.  As pitiful as it may sound, it is really quite cute.




Working on getting that swim back.  Maggie has decided that floating is the more comfortable route to take.



2 comments:

ericafokens said...

Go Mags! Such a commitment! She's working so hard.

The Zimmermans said...

Yay Maggie! Bless her little heart, she's such a trooper!