Sunday, June 12, 2011

Beach Week 20ELEVEN


'Where have the Cibula's been?', you may be wondering. It has been almost 2 weeks since I last posted on this blog. So, I am hoping you are a little curious. Just a tiny bit? We have actually just returned from a very action packed and fabulous beach week at Rosemary Beach.

Our annual beach vacation has come and gone....and I am still recuperating from it {i.e. sleep, laundry, groceries}. But, as always it was well worth it. A few bumps in the week {ahem...Jack's new found terrible 4's} didn't stop us from a week of fun in the sun. Okay, a little exaggeration, but there were certainly some moments. Though nothing to out weigh the beautiful surf and sand, and of course, how much we adore our first born.

A little change of pace this year...new house and new family. The Zimmerman's joined us for the first time and it was such a pleasure to spend a week in their sweet families company. And with the diligent planning of Cristina, we had a perfect house to rest all of our tired beach bodies in. Jack couldn't get enough of the Micca girls and Maggie was smitten with the "bays" {babies}. Toddler Mags was not the baby this year and she didn't mind a bit. That made 7 kids, 6 parents, and 1 nanny. Green Eggs and Ham was a full house {love that beach house name...so clever!}.

So when you look at the pictures and you think, 'Maggie doesn't look like she loves the beach'...you are right. She loved the little chair under the umbrella or the swimming pool, just not the beach/sand itself. And then when you look at the pictures of Jack and think, 'He looks like he is having a great time, what is Paula talking about?'...you are right again. As long as he was jumping waves, playing in the sand, or swimming in the pool. It was the other stuff that got in his way. For example, going to dinner, putting his shoes on, walking too far, etc. You know the kind of things that can damper a four year old's day.

And now, on to the show. If you can make it through the entire thing I am super impressed {and very flattered}. It's a long one. I just kept hoping for that perfect picture and I wouldn't give up. But, in true kid fashion, Jack and Maggie were too busy to pose for my camera. It turned out to not be too big of a problem, it made for some good action shots and sweet memories.

And one more thing...yes, I promise we do cake Maggie in sunscreen and keep her in the shade 90% of the time. That beach baby tan is a mystery to me {gotta be genetic and definitely not from me}. But I sure do love my brown baby {and am slightly envious}.





2 comments:

ericafokens said...

Beautiful pictures. Nothing like that sugar sand.Looks like you had the best time!

Erin said...

Welcome home! :) Great pics! I know nothing about Terrible 4's so you will have to explain :) The course can't start soon enough!!