Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The New Maggie

A lot can change when you turn the big ONE! So, since we are still waiting on those professional 1st birthday party pictures, let me take this time to share with you a few of Maggie's changes since the big day.

I think "1" certainly brought out some personality in my little gal. To start with, eating with her is, hmm...how should I say this?, unenjoyable? Maybe "challenging" is a better choice of words. Maggie has taken to removing food from her tray that she has no interest in. And with her new found pickiness, that is about 50% of her food. Oh, and dear Mags is not discreet about this either. She looks you straight in the eye, picks up a morsel and hurls it across the room or to the ground. Basically, I'm already over it...Cosby loves it!

Food isn't the only thing she likes to drop either. She has created a new game that even Jack is already tired of. And he was her biggest playmate for the first couple of days, so you know it's bad when he quits. It's the "uh-oh, I dropped my sippy cup" game. And as annoying as it is, she does have a way of melting my heart when she belts out an exaggerated, "uhhhh-ohhhh!". This game also transfers into "Uh- Oh, I dropped my Pinky (lovey) and Uh-Oh, I dropped my____." (just fill in the blank).

Turning "1" isn't all bad though. Sweet Maggie has added the most delicious kisses to her bag of tricks. Just ask and the majority of time your request is granted. And let me tell you--Maggie kisses are absolutely yummy!

Mags is now forward facing in her car seat! Yay! If I only had taken a picture of her face when she saw me for the first time from her new view. An absolute priceless look of wonderment and sheer joy all in one. I will never forget her chubby cheeked expression from my rear view mirror--mmmm...forever ingrained in my heart. And since then, she is lovin' it, especially when Jack is accompanying her--I suppose it gives her an audience to drop things for.

"1" has also seemed to give Maggie a new inclination to explore. Don't get me wrong, Mommy is still her favorite place to be, it's just ALL OVER Mommy now. The girl cannot sit still. She is literally scaling me from head to toe. She wiggles left, then right, then upside down, then around the back of me, it's nuts and absolutely impossible to hold on to. No more snugly Mags. I reluctantly put this in the good category though---Magpie has got to get moving whether I like it or not.

And in the appearance category...and this is the honest truth....literally, since the morning she woke up as an one year old, her hair has been laying flat. No more spikies. Old age must be taming that do. I'm thinking (or at least secretly hoping) it's the humidity and her hair will be up and at em' here soon. She looks so grown up with bangs:(

So that's a little update on my freshly turned 1 year old Magpie. Definitely a bit more challenging than the pre-one days, but always just as lovable. Hopefully the next post will be full of Birthday Party pictures! Stay tuned...





3 comments:

The Fokens Family said...

Miss Mags looks all grown up....slow down! Is it the hair or the car seat? I can't decide!

The Fokens Family said...

Miss Mags looks all grown up....slow down! Is it the hair or the car seat? I can't decide!

Tanya said...

I need to dig up an old baby picture because my hair was just like Maggie's when I was little. Mom said that she had the hardest time getting it to lay flat. She's so cute and reminds me so much a friend's little girl who is the same age.