I think about all they have to look forward to. How number two doesn't mean second place, it just means you are a little wiser and much more relaxed. I think about how another baby will make their family so much busier and much more hectic, but in a fabulous way. I remember the anxiety I felt before Maggie arrived and I wonder if they feel the same way and I want to tell them not too. (side note-- However, I'm not saying it's easy.) And I can't wait for them to feel this love a second time around even through the exhaustion.
But, the one thing that crosses my mind every time I think of them is--boy or girl? Yes, none of them know the gender of their little ones yet. I use to be pretty good at predicting the sex of unborn babies. Working as a teacher, somebody was always prego and 99% of the time I guessed right. Now somehow with my own pregnancies I've been wrong both times--go figure! But, just for the fun of it I wanted to document my predictions and see how accurate I am. So here it goes ladies...
Tasha....girl
Andrea...boy
Erin...boy
Karen...girl (she already found out it was a girl, but I SWEAR that was my guess)
Erica...girl
Allison...girl
And I couldn't resist sharing a picture of my sweet Magpie on Thanksgiving night. Note the paci in an effort to have a somewhat peaceful Thanksgiving dinner. Too bad my 2 year old decided to steal the show and throw peas. He landed himself in the time out chair right in the middle of dinner. Ahhhh...so much to be thankful for!

6 comments:
Cute post. What a sweet, sweet picture of Maggie. We'll see if your prediction is right..L and I are thinking it's a boy! Of course, maybe it's just b/c we're so familar with all things BOY!
I was wondering if Erin knew boy or girl yet.
You are doing such a good job blogging! Having a newborn hasn't slowed you down.
~Erica
OK, so i am about to update my blog but you are RIGHT!! amazing :)
thank you for the encouragement...good to know life is good with two! I will see you next weekend (with food) to get the full download!
By the way I am hoping that I have as smooth as a transition as you are with 2! I will see you soon with your Chicken Enchiladas!:)
P-
First, Maggie is so beautiful! I can't wait to meet her.
Second, we are sooooo having a BOY! I knew during the ultrasound, before she showed us his "junk", becuase she said pretty quickly, "I already know what it is".
We are really excited and I've already started a little shopping for him, even though we have lots of boy stuff, Jimmy and I think new stuff is important!
Take care sweeties,
Andrea
You are blazing the trails for all of us with having 2...good to know that it is going well! Maggie is so precious---I love the professional pics of her and of Jack, too!
We shall see about having a girl!
I am so familar with all things boy, too, so it seems strange that it could be a girl!
Can't wait to see Maggie in person.
~Tasha
Post a Comment