Our first set of company has come and gone. First round complete! The highlight of the stay was picking up Joel from the airport. Grandma had U.S. flags ready for us to wave. I must admit, I was a bit disappointed when Joel arrived without uniform. I was hoping to see him dressed in his pressed khaki's. His explanation had something to do with being, "on a special project and we don't do things like that"--whatever that means. I pressed no further and enjoyed his big hugs. However, I did question that glowing tan he was sporting and again I got a vague response that sounded something like this, "I've been living outside for the past 2 months in a tent". Makes sense, I suppose. Just a wee bit jealous on this end--feeling a bit pasty this winter season.
However, we thoroughly enjoyed Joel's stay, his cooking (yes, he is a certified chef too), and hearing stories of his distant duties. Jack was fascinated with his deep voice and loved showing off his playroom to his Uncle Joel. As for Joel, he was pretty easy company. All he needed was a "real" bed and Chick-fil-a...we can handle that. He even complimented us on our new cottage and comfy mattress. It doesn't take much to please someone who has been roughing it for 2 years.
The great news is Grandma and Joel will be returning in just a few short days. It looks like they will be arriving with part of the other crew on Saturday the 27th. Until then, Jack, Clay, Cosby, and I are waiting patiently for round 2 to pull into the driveway--Grammy and Grampa!

2 comments:
I love Jake's pajamas, I hope you guys had a great Christmas and I'm so glad your cousin has made it home. Hey, I know you're going to get tired of me, but what is the name of your tinted moisturizer again. This is once again why I miss girl roommates.
Oh, but I wouldn't give my husband up for one, let's get that straight.
Post a Comment