We had a Busy weekend with a capital "B". With Clay out of town, our favorite GG (my Grandma) came to visit. As soon as GG pulled in the driveway on Friday from her 6 hour trip from Kentucky, Jack and I threw her back into the car to head out for dinner. And that was just the beginning. Jack and I kept her busy on Saturday morning with a trip to Jack's school Fall Festival at Mt. Bethel. Have I mentioned Jack changed preschools? Well he did. We finally got in to Mt. Bethel about 3 weeks ago after being on the waiting list for 7
WHOLE months. I had pretty much given up until we got the news. You would have thought that Clay and I won the lottery when we got the phone call letting us know of the opening. I was very satisfied with his first school, but Mt. Bethel is really where we wanted Jack to be. And so far, we have LOVED it! Saturday confirmed our love with a fun filled festival. The weather was gorgeous and the activities were plentiful. GG got to meet Jack's teachers and even some of his classmates. Jack, on the other hand, wasn't too sure what to think about seeing those folks out of the classroom. Hmmm...something doesn't seem right. However, he made himself right at home in the parking lot of festivities. Some of his favorite highlights were the pony ride as GG walked

closely by. Or maybe I should say trotted by. Those ponies were moving! The football toss was another favorite, which lacked tossing on Jack's part, more like walking right up to the hole and putting the "ootbahs" in. And last, the duck pond. Jack didn't quite get the objective of catching ONE duck with the net. Instead he chose to dive right in and take a handful of ducks. We followed the fun with lunch at Goldbergs where Jack chowed down on a monstrous grilled cheese sandwhich. All that play can sure make a boy hungry. Saturday post-nap, was full of shopping and another out to dinner experience. On Sunday, we woke up and got busy again. GG, Jack, and I shopped some more and ate lunch out. Post nap was followed by some outdoor play, a quick trip to Target, and dinner out again. Okay, I must mention here that one of the highlights of my Grandma visiting is always her cooking. Not so this time. We were so busy and always out and about that it never seemed to fit in to our day. So believe it or not...we ate EVERY meal out except for breakfast! Next time, we'll have to put GG to work in the kitchen. Mmmm...Jack and I love her cooking. In between all of the busyness, Jack was able to call GG by name and even her little dog, Nina too. It sounded something like this--"GG doggie Nahnah". Our little dog lover had to know at all times where GG's dog was. And once he found her, he would repeat this phrase over and over again. This talking stuff sure is fun! We were sad to say goodbye to my wonderful Grandma and her four legged side kick. But, GG hit the road on Monday morning

while Jack and I headed to the doctor for his 18 month check up. We'll see her again at Thanksgiving. And until then, we use these memories to hold us over. As for Jack's doctor's appointment--I'll leave you with his current stats...
weight 28 lbs 75th percentile
height 33 inches 75th percentile
No comments:
Post a Comment