Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Sweet Maggie Turns 12

Happy big number 12 to our sweet Maggie!  I don't know but something sure feels important about being 12.  It could be that teenagehood is right around the corner or that I remember nearly everything about being 12.  It's definitely a year of changing and growing.  Here we go girl!

We celebrated our sweet girl with a sugary sweet birthday dinner at Sugar Factory.  Maggie had asked for something a bit more grown up than a party, but still wanted to celebrate with friends.  Since she's been in three different schools in the past three years we had three different groups of girls to unite.  

We thought a fun dinner with a couple teaspoons of sugar was just the right idea.  And I am happy to report it was a HUGE hit with all the girls.  Beyond what I was expecting.




Each girl ordered one of these fish bowl drinks.  And although their little faces scrunched up at that initial sour sugary taste, they loved the experience of watching them be poured in front of them and all of the crazy toppings that came inside.  I'm telling you everything from cotton candy to shark gummies.  Basically sugar in a bowl.
 







Can you believe these girls actually still had room for dinner?  We had a lot of chicken fingers ordered, but this was definitely the most eye catching dinner ordered!


We topped our evening with something I may never unsee...the entire wait staff with glow wands, doing a TiK Tok dance to a Cardi B song, around our table, all for Maggie.  I'm pretty sure she wanted to climb under the aforementioned table, but we all got a big kick out of it.


But it was all worth it for this massive dessert.  Check this thing out!


The celebrating didn't stop that there.  On Maggie's actual birthdate, we celebrated as a family.  Maggie picked the restaurant.  She doesn't have a very sophisticated palate so we ended up at pizza joint. 

Let's all be honest, all she really cared about where her sibling gifts...which was ALL Taylor Swift related.  Can we say obsessed?



Happy Happy Birthday my little Sugary Swifty!  We love you more than can you imagine!



No comments: