Friday, May 21, 2021

Hip Hop Dancer

Just call May...Lucy Month.  We went from a Holy white dress to a hip hoppin' dancer all within the course of a couple weeks.

Although, Lucy is the gymnast and Maggie is actually the dancer, we played a bit of switch-a-roo.  Lucy thought it would be fun to try just one dance class this year.  She had a blast, but it confirmed that gymnastics is her first love.

And my dear Maggie, who I should be showcasing a dance recital post for, opted out of the performance this year.  She did attend two classes during the school year and still loves dance, but I can't explain the mind of an 11 year old.  Have I mentioned that 11 is the new 13 {at least at my house}.

So all that being said, the show must go on.  Maggie took a seat right next to me in the theatre, never looked back on her decision, and cheered her little sister on through the entire performance.









Nothing brings me more joy than watching my little ones shine.  Thanks for bringing some rocking sunshine to the day Lucy! You were AMAZING up there!  And I'm not just saying that because I'm your mom.  Girl you have moves!




No comments: