Back to school 2020. I'm not sure where to begin with this one. There are so many things I could say, yet there are no words for the bizarreness of this back to school season. I need to start somewhere, so let's start with my oldest.
Jack is starting 7th grade this year. And no that is not some strange man on my front door, that is Jack, big and 13. Another addition to this bizarre year...I have a teenager and he actually looks like one too.
Jack is returning to the same middle school he attended last year. However, we are starting on a hybrid schedule. Every other day on campus and every other day virtual. And no uniforms until October in an effort to keep the kids "cool"while wearing masks and trying to do as many outdoor classes as usual. See I told you...bizarre. We hope to be back on campus full time at some point in September.
And to be honest I can't wait until they are back in uniforms. This PE get up is killing me. We only have two sets and I am going to have to wash them every other day. Yet, we are stocked up on traditional uniforms. Helpful, but not helpful.
Finally, this brings me to littlest Lu. We hoped and crossed our fingers that she would be going back in person, but it's not looking that way. The county has a very complicated phase in system and until that begins Lucy is home schooling virtual style. But guess what?, phase one is 90 minutes a week. Yippee...now doesn't that sound productive. {insert eye roll}
I can't lie, I LOVE having Lu home with me. But my social butterfly is really missing her friends, teachers, and the busyness of a bustling elementary school. We will get there baby doll.







No comments:
Post a Comment