Our 4th wasn't quite the blow out it normally is. Given the circumstances, some of our family just couldn't make it. We definitely missed them and are hoping for a normal get together next year.
However, we did celebrate at the lake, we did don our red, white, and blue, we did watch a fireworks show, and we did get lots of Grandma and GG love.
We started our 4th with a back porch photo shoot. I truly can't get enough of these girls. They have been such a light and bundle of fun during these uncertain times. It seems we haven't been apart since March {except for that little week in Florida}. Girl Power!
My Patriotic Beauties...
Once suited and sunscreened up, we spent the rest of the day swimming and boating on the lake.
Jack has spent the summer going back and forth from the lake to our in-town home with Daddy. He can only handle so much "girl power". It's great that he and Daddy are getting special bonding time, but I sure do love having him at the lake.
And I certainly love having this lady visit us too. My beautiful Grandma. 💗
My boys...my heart is exploding just looking at this picture...
After a long day on the lake, we topped our evening with a fireworks show right off the dock. It was amazingly convenient and checked off all the boxes for a perfect July 4th. Then, of course, we couldn't resist a few sparklers before telling America one last Happy Birthday and hitting the hay.
On a side note, after writing this post, I noticed it seems I'm only posting on holidays these days. So to explain this to my future self and my kids one day, that's because, well, there isn't much else going on.
We have spent an incredible summer at the lake house while the world and my house are in disarray {have I mentioned we have pretty major remodeling project going on at home and the girls don't have bedrooms?}. Family and friends visit us all the time and its been a peaceful utopia up on the lake with lots of sunshine.
We will return to reality eventually...just not quite yet. And more on that remodeling project when I make it home to check out the progress.
Until then we will be enjoying life on the lake.
















No comments:
Post a Comment