I'd like to the think we rang it in just right. We said hello to 2020 in Costa Rica. Which was absolutely amazing if you are in to rainforests, sloths, and natural hot springs {which apparently we are}. The vaca was one adventure after another and I can't really imagine a better way to unwind after the bussyiness of the holidays.
This definitely goes down as one of my faves. So here we go....
We flew in to San Jose which was a 3 hour drive from our resort. Not fun but so worth it. We arrived at the The Springs Resort in the Arenal region just in time for dinner and bed which turned out quite perfect.
We woke up our first full day to sunlight. The difference in scenery was unbelievable. Hey, there's a volcano right next to us!
Our first stop after breakfast was the animal sanctuary at the resort. We could have left right after this experience and called it a vacation. This was incredible! After a short bus ride down to "Club Rio" we were immersed in animals and given a guided tour through their homes.
Can you say adorable? We immediately fell in love with these creatures. Our new family slogan is #slothlove. I'm telling you we are obsessed!
Next up at Club Rio was horse back riding. I hurt my back right before we left {apparently that comes with broken toes and boots}, so I opted out. Trust me, it killed me, but I yoga'ed my tail off the rest of trip trying to become mobile again to make sure I didn't miss a thing.
And Jack isn't a huge horse fan, so it all worked out. But look at these fun pictures Clay got of him and the girls!
Before long, we all met back up and were amped up for our next adventure. Which was none other than the Arenal Hanging Bridges...
We were in the canopy of the Rainforest. I was seriously amazed. Up until this point in my life I had only read Dr Seuss's Rainforest book to my kids 100 umpteen times. This was for real. We were in it!
And look at that volcano...stunning!
So, I know we have devoted all of our family love to sloths, but this Howler Monkey who joined us on one of the bridges was pretty cool.
Our evenings were spent back at the resort, eating dinner and enjoying the many natural hot springs. Medicine for the back {and mind}.
Okay, I think I'm about to overload blogger with pictures. So the rest of the vaca is coming in a second post.
Until then...#slothlove
















No comments:
Post a Comment