Friday, August 9, 2019

Greet & Treat

Oh, how painful it is to say goodbye to summer days at the lake, vacations, and sleeping in.  But the time has come...Back to School!

The first stop on the agenda is greeting those teachers and of course, treating them to a little welcome back gift from their new students.

Little one one first.  Lucy is off to First Grade this year!  Oh, that's my jam.  I taught First Grade more years than any other grade.  And let me tell you, it is not for the faint of heart.  So much to learn this year and yet, they are still babies.

Lucy and I were thrilled to see she would be spending the year with Mrs. M.  I have been a huge fan of hers for many years and now we finally get to have her teach a Cibula kid!  I see a fabulous year ahead for my littlest.



Next up was Maggie.  My big Fourth Grader!  I still remember this one toddling off to Kindergarten and clinging to me for dear life.  My, how times have changed.  This big girl walked right in to meet Mrs. C.  Our family has a pretty amazing history with Mrs. C, so you can imagine how thrilled I was that Maggie gets to spend a whole year with her.  She is nothing short of incredible.

I have a feeling Fourth Grade is going to be Maggie's year.


After meeting and treating our teachers {to a helpful Office Depot Gift Card}, we made our way around the school getting bus tags, signing up for clubs, and catching up with old friends.  As hard as it is to say goodbye, it feels good to be back.




And then there is this guy.  CAUTION...whopping change ahead!  Jack is off to Sixth Grade this year.  And Sixth Grade in these parts mean Middle School.

He is so ready and I think I am.  I couldn't be more excited for him and terrifyingly nervous too.  But, after much debate, lots of applications, a few interviews,  Jack landed at his first school of choice.  So here we go...

There was no meeting, greeting, or treating for this boy.  Nope, we picked up books, got uniforms, organized his locker and said goodbye until next week.



First days coming soon...


No comments: