Friday, July 21, 2017

Mountain High

Just popping in to share what we did on this 95 degree day in July.

Somehow we thought it would be a great day to put Stone Mountain with our family friends, the Carpers, on the summer calendar.   Friends always make the sweltering summer more bearable.

We stopped on our way for lunch at this German Tavern.  Ginny and I couldn't resist with both of us having solid German maiden names.  It's in our blood.  The pretzels were bigger than both of our heads put together and the brats were amazingly delicious. 




With full bellies, we were ready to climb the mountain.  Or more accurately, ride up the mountain.



This isn't our first go at Stone Mountain, yet somehow, the view fascinates me every time.





I'm sure this is obvious without mentioning, but it was H..O..T up there.  We found the only tree atop the mountain and enjoyed the shade for a bit.



Before long, we were heading back down and to the gift shop.  I'm not sure our family has ever missed one.

Now on the docket...a few summer days planned at home and then we are off on vaca again!


No comments: