Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Not So Lucky In Kentucky


We took a long weekend trip to Kentucky to visit GG and family.  At the risk of sounding like Debbie Downer in the paragraphs to come, let me preface with...I absolutely loved seeing my family.

Okay, let's just start with the drive up there.  I, bravely and stupidly, drove with the three kids and the dog by myself.  Enough said, huh?  I knew it would be hard, but I for sure thought I could handle it.  Well, we made it.  And that's about all I can say about handling it.

Just to give you a visual...I had to turn around about 20 miles in because we forgot Lucy's lovey, another 50 miles in we were stopped in dead traffic for a good 45 minutes until I took the shoulder of the road for 2 miles to the nearest exit, I lost Cosby {the dog} at lunch in a parking lot-he was graciously returned by another traveler 15 long minutes later, I stepped in gum, I left the stroller at a rest area and had to return to retrieve it,  the DVD headphone batteries died so we all listened to The Lion King and every other Disney movie we own for 9 hours straight, in two separate cities I had to us my "detour" button on the nav because of traffic & construction, it monsooned for nearly an hour of the trip, and I made a whopping 7 stops {with 3 kids and a dog...in case you forgot}.

And that was just the ride up there.

Again, I for sure thought once I arrived all would be well.  And if I'm being honest...it was better.

But...while packing I realized I left all my bathing suits in St Augustine-not good when you are going to the lake. Cosby had a severe allergic reaction to something in my Grandma's yard.  Cha-ching for the vet.  Maggie and I bunked in a bedroom together and that is never a good idea.  I spent many boat rides dock side in nap jail with Lucy. And worst of all, Jack had a playground accident and ended up in the emergency room with a busted head and in turn staples.

Now if you want to take a look at the sunny side {and there was one}, it was indeed beautiful weather, the kids had a blast, Lucy had her first real boat ride, all the cousins were together, and we got to see Uncle Joel before he is deployed again for a year with the Marines.

If I hadn't filled you in on all the details, you may have thought this was the perfect weekend via the pictures.  Thank goodness pictures can't talk.  However, sometimes it's unfortunate that the photographer can.

But, let's end on a happy note.  Hear is some of that sunny side...















Better luck next time, huh?




1 comment:

The Fokens Family said...

Oh MY goodness;) drama,drama--how many times did you cry over that trip? ;) glad you're back in one piece!!