In this crazy season of adjustment that our family is in the midst of, Maggie still needs her Mommy time {possibly more than ever}. And I in turn still crave my Maggie moments.
This has been my most recent challenge or as I like to call it now, my "new goal"...quality time with each child. It's not always easy and I certainly haven't mastered it, but the goal has at least been set in place. Another one of those hurdles we are all figuring out how to jump here lately.
With that being said, there is certainly nothing like a little Maggie love to make me appreciate my life and all those crazy hurdles that have come with it lately. That girl is so yummy!
And speaking of yummy, I have found that the kitchen is the best place to bond with my budding chef. Dinner time is our time. She is my partner in the kitchen, my table setter, my plate maker, and sometimes even the cook. Most recent on the menu...Pizza.
After naps {hence her hair do or lack of} Maggie and I hit the kitchen with all the necessary ingredients to claim her title of "Pizza"nista. And although none of the ingredients looked appetizing to her, it didn't stop her from jumping right in to the task at hand.
Maggie chose to roll out her dough into a heart. Still debating if it was intentional or if it was luck of the rolling pin. But, it was super cute. Jack renamed it a dino footprint {because you know hearts are way too girly...yuck!}
And how cute is that mouth? I just love how she sticks her tongue out in deep concentration {I'm pretty sure thats her Daddy's genes at work}.
Every step of the process required full concentration on her part. And if you know Maggie, that is saying a lot. This little gal is infamous for fluttering from one activity to the next.
And wouldn't you know, my picky eater would only pose with the pizza. She wouldn't even take one measly little bite. I thought I read somewhere that the more you involve kids in the kitchen with you, the better eaters they are. Not the case tonight, but still holding out hope.
I love you little "Pizza"nista! There is no one I'd rather spend my evenings in the kitchen with!





2 comments:
Aww, she is so cute!
Save me some, Maggie. I'm sure it's delicious.
Post a Comment