Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Two Little Pumpkins




We made our annual pumpkin Patch visit this fall. The weather was fabulous. Not too hot (for me anyway), and definitely not too cold. Such a drastic change from last year...October 09 was freezing!

My kids got to wear their festive pumpkin attire. Looks like we will be getting plenty of use out of those suits this year. And I just love that I finally found something to go with Jack's orange shorts. We spent all summer trying to match his tees to those things and nothing worked. And here we are in the Fall and he is finally getting some wear out of them, who knew? If it stays this warm, he might even be able to wear his Turkey shirt with them too. I'm not counting on it though--this weather almost seems to good to be true.

We loaded the car and made the trek to the closest and most decent patch I knew of. We can't venture too far from home with Maggie's nap schedule. Nap jail, anyone? As we were pulling out of the driveway, we heard a thump. Clay and I both looked at each other, what did we just run over? And the answer is...my camera...of all things! Shockingly it still worked--a little crack in the body of the lens, but it is functioning. I'm assuming the case is the only thing that saved it. I have a feeling it's going to be in the repair shop before I know it. I can't bear the thought of being without my camera though--we have way too many events coming up this season. Ugh!

Happily, I got many pics of my kiddos playing in the pumpkins. Maggie didn't let her separation anxiety get the best of her. No, that sweet girl sat in the midst of pumpkin heaven and enjoyed herself. She was very curious about the orange "balls" surrounding her. A few times, she heldup her hand, just wanting a little touch--she always needs a little reminder that Mommy and Daddy are still there and we aren't leaving her.

Jack, well, he was in a mood. One of those "I have better things to do than take pictures kind of moods". It was fine by me, Maggie needed some time in the camera spotlight anyway! We came home with about 30 pictures of Maggie and about 10 of Jack. At least I know it was his choice, so I can't feel guilty. He was too busy enjoying the bounce house and climbing on, over and through pumpkins...such a boy. Love it!

We came home with two beautiful pumpkins for the front porch. And we let the kids choose 2 tiny pumpkins for themselves...Jack opted for a gourd instead. I think it was his way of trying to be difficult, did I say "difficult", I meant different:)...such a 3 year old. Still trying to decide if I "love" that one.

Okay, so I got Jack to pose for one picture. It was well worth the struggle that took place before hand, because look how cute my biggest pumpkin is!



Then it was back to his business of scaling the Pumpkin Patch.



We tried for a family picture, and you can see how well that went. After take 3, we finally gave up.



Getting Maggie to pose was easy--this immobility thing has it's perks sometimes! Not to mention, checking out those pumpkins was serious business for our little Magpie.



She may not be able to crawl, but she sure loves to stand!



This is Maggie's little "are you still there Mommy and Daddy?" move. It usually just takes a tiny touch and she is okay.



Maggie was thrilled with her tiny Pumpkin purchase--a replacement for the lost one from the Fall Festival.


And here is Jack's infamous gourd, which ironically turned out to be "too bumpy" for him. How bad did I want to say, "I told you so"?, but I didn't.






2 comments:

The Fokens Family said...

Love all the pictures...and J's orange shorts! How much fun!
I can totally relate to the family picture. Landon is always relieved when picture time is over!

The Harris Family said...

maggie's outfit is sooo cute. Those rompers turned out precious- we never ordered any, but now I think I should have!